1. There is no need for us to argue about the matter any longer.
拓展 It's unnecessary for us to argue about the matter any longer.
There is no need for sb. to do sth. 没必要做某事
There is no point/sense in doing so --- he will never change his mind. 做某事没有意义
2. There are two students standing outside the classroom. There is no food left on the table.
3. You cannot be too careful . /
You can never be careful enough. (无论……都不过分 / 越…… 越好)
He is too nervous to speak in the public. 太…而不能… He is too glad to see you. 非常，很…..
4. The more tickets you sell, the more money you will get.(越……越……)
5. 倍数的表达句型: 倍数的表达句型:
This table is 3 times as big as that one. This table is 3 times bigger than that one.
This table is 3 times the size/length/weight/width/depth of that one.
His foot is 3 times its normal size. 倍数+名词短语
The school is 3 times what it used to be. 倍数+WHAT从句
This table is bigger than that one by 3 times.
6. It's no use/ no good doing sth. It's no use asking him to give up smoking.
7. He is smart as well as diligent. Oh, It's no wonder that he does well in his study. 难怪
Tom as well as his parents has seen the film.注意主谓一致：A as well as B, A together with B,
A instead of B, A rather than B, A in addition to B, A but B
8. There is no doubt that he will come. (毫无疑问) I have no doubt that he will come.
Do you doubt that he will come? I doubt whether he will come.
9. It is said that Tom repaired the computer. Tom is said to have repaired the computer.
People say that Tom repaired the computer. (据说……)
句型中 say 可换为以下单词:report/ know/think/suppose/believe 等
10. It is certain that he will pass the test.(肯定 )
11. It is /was 被强调的成分 + that + 其他成分 被强调的成分是人时可Who(主格)
It was not until a month later that he received the officer's reply.
It was not until he took off his sunglasses that I recognized him. 联想倒装句
What is it that makes you so unhappy?
I don’t know what it was that made you so unhappy yesterday.
It is I that/ who am to blame for the accident.
It was in the village where he was born that he met with the talented scientist.
易错题----Where did you meet your boyfriend?
----It was in the bookstore where he worked.
强调谓语:do / does / did + 动词原形 确实，的确
He does love making jokes. We do need to improve our spoken English.
He did come here yesterday.
12. I hate it when a person speaks with his mouth full. (hate 可换为 like, love , dislike 等表示爱恶的词)
13. I would appreciate it if you could do me a favor.
14. I will meet you when(ever)/if it is convenient to/for you.
15. It is necessary for you to inform him in advance. It is selfish of you to think so.
16. You'd better not/may depend/rely on it that your parents will help you whenever you need it. (指 望……;依靠 ) see to it that 保证 take it for granted that认为是理所当然的
17. How did it come about that he knew where we were?(怎么会呢?)
18. We all took it for granted that he would agree with us. (想当然; 认为……理所当然)
19. They want to make it clear to the public that they are doing an important and necessary job.(向…表明,阐明)
20. When it comes to repairing machines, I have no knowledge of it. (当谈到……)
21. It's the first time that I have studied abroad. It was the first time that I had studied abroad.
It is the first time that sb. have/has done sth.
It was the first time that sb. had done sth.是……第一次做
22. Despite the fact that he is a Chinese, the teacher speaks English fluently.( 尽管…… )
23. Child as/though he is, he knows a lot about space and satellites.( 尽管…… )
Young as/though he is, he is very skilled. Try as/though he may, he can't succeed.
Much as/though I like the book, I won't buy it.
24. A is to B what C is to D. (A 对 B 而言就像 C 对 D 一样)
Air is to us what water is to fish, so we should take measures to keep the air and water clean.
As water is to fish, so air is to man. = Air is to man what water is to fish.
25. Just as an old saying goes, practice makes perfect.( 俗话说…… )
26. He is from Japan and cannot speak Chinese, so it is with his brother.
He is from Japan and cannot speak Chinese, and it's the same with his brother. (……也是一样) 27. I gave it to her immediately I saw her.
拓展: 下列句型表达: 一 …… 就…… immediately/ instantly/ directly + 句子 + 句子
the moment/ the minute/ the instant /the second + 句子/On (doing) sth,
Hardly…when… / No sooner…than… / Scarcely…when…
例子:Hardly had he arrived home when it began to rain.
拓展:The day/the year/the spring/the first/next time 等可以直接引导一个时间状语从句
例子:The first time I met her, she was watering flowers.
The year I studied in America , I met my old friend.
28. He found it hard to express himself.
拓展: make/find/feel/think/believe + it + adj/n. + to do/doing sth/that-clause
I find it possible that he will agree with us.
He makes it a rule to get up at six in the morning.
29. What if we move the picture there? Don’t you think it will look better?(倘若……会怎么样 ;即使……又怎么样)
30. These animals are so special that I would do whatever I can to save them.
拓展: 竭尽所能做某事的表达 do what(ever) one can to do sth// do as much as one can to do sth// do all /anything / everything (that) one can to do sth //do/try one's best to do sth
31. It's time we went to school. 是该做……的时候 拓展 It's (high) time (that) sb did/should do sth.
Would rather sb. did sth. (did 表现在或将来情况) Would rather sb. had done sth.(had done 表过去情况)
32. He was about to go out when the telephone rang. (正要……就在那时 )
He was on the point of going out when the telephone rang.
He was watching TV when he heard his name called.
33. Word/News came that the president would pay a visit to our city. 消息传来
34. The article is difficult to understand. I want to make the article easy to understand.
35. The reason why / for which he didn't have breakfast this morning was that he got up too late. The reason why/for which…… is that ……(此句型中要求 why 从句是一个完整的句子)
36. He arrived at the airport only to be told that the star had left half an hour ago. (to do 做结果状语表示出乎意料得结果,常与 only 或 just 连用)
A terrible earthquake happened on May 12, killing many people. (doing 做结果状语表示自然而然的结果,常与 therefore 或 thus 连用)
37. Judging from what he said, he must have known the matter.
38. Considering that he is interested in children, I am sure that teaching is the right job for him. Considering sb/sth 或 Sb/sth considered(考虑到……)
39. Time permitting, I will call on you this Saturday. (时间允许的话……)
40. (When) faced with / facing new situations, I usually react slowly Face sb/sth 或 be faced with sb/sth (面临…… )
41. Sitting at the table, he said nothing. Seated at the table, he said nothing.
Seating himself at the table, he said nothing. Seat oneself / be seated 表示"就坐"
42. Work hard, and you will find it not difficult to learn.
Put on more clothes , or (else) you will catch a bad cold. A bit more efforts, and you will succeed.
43. It will be 5 years before we meet again. 过多久……才 / 过多久……就 /尚未……就 /
I hadn't waited long before he came. 没过多久……就……
He rushed out before I could stop him. 尚未 就,来不及……就
You had better correct your mistake before it gets worse. 趁着还没……
44. I am sorry to say but I don't think there is much chance / possibility that the child will live through the night. (有......可能 ) there is a/no chance/possibility that
45. It remains to be seen whether Jack will be suitable for the job. ( 有待于…… )
46. Information has been put forward that more middle school students will be admitted into universities.
47. You can't imagine what difficulty I had (in) finding your house.
48. There is a rumor that he was fired by the boss. (谣传…… )
49. You have to see to it that little Tom has safely arrived. (确保…… 务必……)
50. On (the) one hand, …… on the other hand …… (一方面……另一方面 )
For one thing, …… and for another …… For one thing, I have no money; and for another, I am too busy.
51. It happened that I knew the person you mentioned just now.
It happened that…… (碰巧…… ) Happen to be doing/ to have done
52. What fun it is to go outing in such weather!
53. I can't agree with you more! (我非常同意…… ) It can't be worse!( (太糟糕…… )
54. He is no better than me.
A be no 比较级 than B A 和 B 一样不…… A be not 比较级 than B "A 不如 B……"
55. I am more of a leader than a follower. He is more hardworking than clever.
More A than B (与其说 B……不如说 A…… )
56. As is known to all, China is a developing country.
What is known to all is that China is a developing country.
It is known to all that China is a developing country.( 众所周知…… )
57. I was wondering if you could do me a favor.
58. I received a letter, saying I would be promoted.
59. He is seldom, if ever, absent from school.
60. I am sorry, but I am too busy at the moment. Excuse me, but would you do me a favor?
I don't know if you mind my asking, but would you tell me your weight.
61. There was a time when I wanted to run a company.
62. He is not so much a writer as a reporter. Not so much A as B (与其说是前者 A不如说是后者 B……)
63. It is generally believed that teaching is as much an art as it is a science.
She is so (how/as/too/that) lovely a girl ! She is such (what/quite) a lovely girl !
64. An actor can not well play the role without life experience any more than a dance can make a difference without much practice. (和……一样不 )
66. Gone are the days / Days are gone when I would like to run a company.
67. Just as one puts it, "No pains, no gains."
68. Mary, you are wanted on the phone.
69. It is three years since I began to smoke. It is three years since I smoked. It be + 一段时间 + since did sth. since 后词是瞬间动词就直译为"自从做有多久" ; since 后的动词是延续性动词则译为"不做 sth 有多久了
70. It is possible for sb to do sth. Sb/sth be likely to do sth. (可能会做…… )
71. The general was caught alive.
72. Mr Wang is a strict but good teacher, one who usually takes care of students.
73. Tired and hungry, he arrived home at last.
74. The cloth feels good, so it sells well.
75. When crossing the street, you should be careful.
Unless asked, you should keep silent. When possible, I will drop in on you.
76. It's a matter of time.( 是……的问题)
77. As……as possible 或 As ……as one can (尽可能……) 例子:
We should run as quickly as we can. We should run as quickly as possible.
78. There is nothing better than to do sth (没有比做……再好的了)
When you are lost, there is nothing better than to stay where you are waiting for help.
79. It occurs to sb. that…… It strikes sb. that…… ( 某念头浮现于某人脑海……)
例子: It never occurs to John that his wife might be unhappy.
80. It is not how much you read but what you read that matters/counts. not……but…… ("不是…而是 "
81.I hurried to the bookstore only to find a sign on the door which read, "For rent". Sth (sign/message/newspaper/note/letter) says/reads……( 上写着…)
82. If I can help it I don't like working late into the night. (要是我有办法,…… )
83. The key to solving the problem is to meet the demand made by the customers.
84. I would rather remain poor than get money by dishonest way.
Would rather do sth. than do sth. = would do sth. rather than do sth. = prefer to do sth. rather than do sth. = prefer doing sth. to doing sth. (宁愿做……而不愿做)
85. How/What about the two of us taking a walk down the garden.
How/What about sb. /one's doing sth? Why not do sth. / Why don't you do sth? (做……怎么样?)高中英语完形填空答题技巧