1. — How long has this bookshop been in business? －____________ 1982. ( 94 )
A. After B. In C. From D. Since
2. Mother was worried because little Alice was ill, especially _____________ Father was away in France. ( 94 )
A. as B. that C. during D. if
3. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, ____________ great it is. ( 95 )
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
4. After the war, a new school building was put up _____________ there had once been a theatre. ( 97 )
A. that B. where C. which D. when
5. — I am going to the post office.
— You’re there, can you get me some stamps? ( 99 )
A. As B. While C. Because D. If
6. You should make it a rule to leave things _____________ you can find them again. ( 99 )
A. when B. where C. then D. there
7. ____________ you’ve got the chance, you might as well make full use of it. ( 99 )
A. Now that B. After C. Although D. As soon as
8. We’ll have to finish the job, _____________. ( 99 )
A. long it takes however B. it takes however long C. long however it takes D. however long it takes
9. Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but they hung up ____________ I could answer the phone. ( 2000 ) A. as B. since C. until D. before
10. The WTO cannot live up to its name _____________ it does not include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind. ( 2000 ) A. as long as B. while C. if D. even though
11. The men will have to wait all day ____________ the doctor works faster. ( 01春季 )
A. if B. unless C. whether D. that
12. — Did you remember to give Mary the money you owed her?
— Yes, I gave it to her ____________ I saw her. ( 01春季 )
A. while B. the moment C. suddenly D. once
13. Americans eat _____________ vegetables per person today as they did in 1910. (02上海春季 )
A. more than twice B. as twice as many C. twice as many as D. more than twice as many
14. — How far apart do they live?
— _____________ I know, they live in the same neighbourhood. ( 03上海 )
A. As long as B. As well as C. As far as D. As often as
15. A good storyteller must be able to hold his listeners’ curiosity ____________ he reaches the end of the story. ( 03上海 ) A. when B. unless C. after D. until
16. Generally speaking, ____________ according to the directions, the drug has no side effect. ( 03上海 )
A. when taking B. when taken C. when to take D. when to be taken
17. — Dad, I’ve finished my assignment.
— Good, and ____________ you play or watch TV, you mustn’t disturb me. ( 03上海 )
A. whenever B. whether C. whatever D. no matter
18. — Was his father very strict with him when he was at school?
— Yes. He has never praised him ____________ he became one of the top students in his grade.
A. after B. unless C. until D. when (03 北京春季)
19. He made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation ____________ it got worse. (03 北京 )
A. until B. when C. before D. as
20. _____________ I know the money is safe, I shall not worry about it. (03 北京 )
A. Even though B. Unless C. While D. As long as
21. Scientists say it may be five or six years ___ it is possible to test this medicine on human patients.
A. since B. after C. before D. when ( 04 福建 )
22. You should try to get a good night’s sleep __________ much work you have to do . ( 04 湖北 )
A. however B. no matter C. although D. whatever
23. It was evening ________ we reached the little town of Winchester . （04天津）
A. that B. until C. since D. before
24. _____ modeling business is by no means easy to get into, the good model will always be in demand. ( 04 浙江 ) A. While B. Since C. As D. If
25. We were swimming in the lake _______ suddenly the storm started. ( 04 北京春季 )
A. when B. while C. until D. before
26. _______ I can see, there is only one possible way to keep away from the danger. ( 04 北京春季 )
A. As long as B. As far as C. Just as D. Even if
27. We were told that we should follow the main road ____ we reached the central railway station .
A. whenever B. until C. while D. wherever ( 04 辽宁 )
28. _____ you call me to say you' re not coming, I'll see you at the theatre. ( 04 四川 )
A. Though B. Whether C. Until D. Unless
29. You can eat food free in my restaurant ________ you like. ( 04 重庆 )
A. whenever B. wherever C. whatever D. however
30. _____________ I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person. ( 04 江苏 )
A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless
31. Several weeks had gone by ______I realized the painting, was missing. ( 04 )
A. as B. before C. since D. when
32. Jasmine was holidaying with her family in a wildlife park ___she was bitten on the leg by al lion.
A. when B. while C. since D. once ( 04 上海 )
33. ________, I have to put it away and focus my attention on study this week. ( 04上海春季 )
A. However the story is amusing B No matter amusing the story is
C. However amusing the story is D. No matter how the story is amusing
34. It is almost five years we saw each other last time.
A. before B. since C. after D. when
35. What a table ! I’ve never seen such a thing before .It is it is long. ( 05 湖北 )
A. half not as wide as B. wide not as half as C. not half as wide as D. as wide as not half
36. Simon thought his computer was broken his little brother pointed out that he had forgotten to turn it on. ( 05 北京春季 ) A. until B. unless C. after D. because
37. I’d like to arrive 20 minutes early _______ I can have time for a cup of tea. ( 05 北京 )
A. as soon as B. as a result C. in case D. so that
38. It wasn’t until nearly a month later I received the manager’s reply. ( 05河南、河北 )
A. since B. when C. as D. that
39. Unlike watching TV, reading is a highly active process (过程)________ it requires attention as well as memory and imagination. （ 05 江苏 ） A. until B. but C. unless D. for
40. The old tower must be saved, _____________ the cost. ( 05 浙江 )
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. wherever
41. You must keep on working in the evening ______ you are sure you can finish the task in time.
A. as B. if C. when D. unless ( 05 安徽 )
42. That was really a splendid evening. It' s years _______ I enjoyed myself so much. ( 05 安徽 )
A. when B. that C. before D. since
43. John is the tallest boy in the class, ___________ according to himself. ( 05 安徽 )
A. five foot eight as tall as B. as tall as five foot eight
C. as five foot eight tall as D. as tall five foot eight as
44. —Did Jack come back early last night?
—Yes. It was not yet eight o’clock he arrived home. ( 05 福建 )
A. before B. when C. that D. until
45. Allow children the space to voice their opinions, __________ they are different from your own.
A. until B. even if C. unless D. as though ( 05 湖南 )
46. The more I think about him, the more reasons I find for loving him ___ I did. ( 05 湖南 )
A. as much as B. as long as C. as soon as D. as far as
47. you’ve tried it. you can’t imagine how pleasant it is. （06北京）
A. Unless B. Because C. Although D. When
48. --- How long do you think it will be _________ China sends a manned spaceship to the moon?
--- Perhaps two or three years. （06福建）
A. when B. until C. that D. before
49. Jenny was very sad over the loss of the photos she had shot at Canada, this was a memory she especially treasured. （06广东） A. as B. if C. when D. where
50. "You can't have this football back you promise not to kick it at my cat again," the old man said firmly. （06广东） A. because B. since C. when D. until
51. I had just stepped out of the bathroom and was busily drying myself with a towel ____ I heard the steps.
A. while B. when C. since D. after（ 06湖南 ）
52. _______ environmental damage is done, it takes many years for the ecosystem (生态系统) to recover.
A. Even if B. If only C. While D. Once（ 06江苏 ）
53. He was about halfway through his meal a familiar voice came to his ears. （ 06辽宁 ）
A. why B. where C. when D. while
54. he has limited technical knowledge, the old worker has a lot of experience. （ 06全国I ）
A. Since B. Unless C. As D. Although
55. We’re just trying to teach a point ____ both sides will sit down together and talk. （ 06 山东）
A. where B. that C. when D. which
56. How can you expect to learn anything ____ you never listen? （ 06山东 ）
A. in case B. even if C. unless D. when
57. His plan was such a good one _________we all agreed to accept it. （ 06 陕西）
A. so B. and C. that D. as
58. This is a very interesting book. I’ll buy it, __________. （ 06 陕西 ）
A. how much may it cost B. no matter how it may cost
C. however much it may cost D. how may it cost
59. My parents were quarrelling about me ____ I could not quite tell why. （ 06上海 ）
A. since B. though C. if D. until
60. --- Mom, what did your doctor say? --- He advised me to live the air is fresher.（ 06四川 ）
A. in where B. in which C. the place where D. where
61. --- Why didn’t you tell him about the meeting?
--- He rushed out of the room I could say a word. （ 06四川 ）
A. before B. until C. when D. after
62. The cost of living in Glasgow is among the lowest in Britain, the quality of life is probably one of the highest. （ 06天津 ） A. since B. when C. as D. while
63. If you are traveling the customs are really foreign to your own, please do as the Romans do. （ 06天津 ）
A. in which B. what C. when D. where
64. In time of serious accidents，_____ we know some basic things about first aid, we can save lives.
A. whether B. until C. if D. unless（ 06重庆 ）
65. __________ most of the earth’s surface is covered by water, fresh water is very rare and precious.
A. As B. Once C. If D. Although（ 06上海春季 ）
66. I won’t call you, ________ something unexpected happens. [2007 全国卷I]
A. unless B. whether C. because D. while
67. We all know that, __________, the situation will get worse. [2007 全国卷I]
A. not if dealt carefully with B. if not carefully dealt with
C. if dealt not carefully with D. not if carefully dealt with
68.____ he had not hurt his leg, John would have won the race. [2007 全国卷II]
A. If B. Since C. Though D. When
69. Pop music is such an important part of society ______ it has even influenced our language.
A. as B. that C. which D. where [2007 上海卷]
70. Small sailboats can easily turn over in the water ______ they are not managed carefully. [2007 上海卷]
A. though B. before C. until D. if
71. ________ I really don’t like art, Ifind his work impressive. [2007 山东卷]
A．As B．Since C．If D．While
72. The field research will take Joan and Paul about five months; it will be a long time _____ we meet them again. [2007 安徽卷] A. after B. before C. since D. when
73. Leave your key with a neighbor ___ you lock yourself out one day[2007 北京卷]
A. ever since B. even if C. soon after D. in case
74. The village has developed a lot we learned farming two years ago. [2007 福建卷]
A.when B.which C.that D.where
75. You will be successful in the interview you have confidence. [2007 福建卷]
A.before B.once C.until D.though
76. Most birds find it safe to sleep in the trees, but ________ they have eggs or young chicks, they don’t use a nest. [2007 湖南卷] A. why B. how C. unless D. where
77. He was told that it would be at least three more months _________he could receover and retum to work.
A.when B.before C.since D.that [2007 江西卷]
78. there is a snowstorm or some other bad weal. her, the mail always comes on time. [2007 上海春]
A．Because B．If C．When D．Unless
79. tomorrow, our ship will set sail for Macao. [2007 上海春]
A．However the weather is like B．However is the weather like
C．Whatever is the weather like D．Whatever the weather is like
80. It is difficult for us to learn a lesson in life ________ we’ve actually had that lesson. [2007 天津卷]
A. until B. after C. since D. when
81. Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice, _______ they knew it to be valuable. [2007 浙江卷]
A. as if B. now that C. even though D. so that
82. My parents live in a small village. They always keep candles in the house _____ there is a power out.
A. if B. unless C. in case D. so that [2007 重庆卷]
83. We had to wait half an hour _____ we had already booked a table. [2007 辽宁卷]
A. since B. although C. until D. before
84、—Have you got any idea for the summer vacation?
—I don’t mind where we get ___ there’s sun, sea and beach. (08全国卷I’31)
A. as if B. as long as C. now that D. in order that
85、The weather was ______ cold that I didn’t like to leave my room. (08全国卷I’32)
A. really B. such C. too D. so
86、A small car is big enough for a family of three ____ you need more space for baggage.
A. once B. because C. if D. unless (08全国卷II’07)
87、—Did you return Fred’s call? —I didn’t need to ____ I’ll see him tomorrow. (08北京卷’23)
A. though B. unless C. when D. because
88、I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long, but it’ll still be some time ____ Brian get back. (08北京卷’34)
A. before B. since C. till D. after
89、Please remind me of the meeting again tomorrow ______ I forget (08上海春卷’35)
A. thought B. so that C. in case D. until
90、_______this is only a small town, it’s crowded with tourists who come here all year round.
A. Since B. Unless C. Once D. Although (08上海春卷’36)
91、—Are you ready for Spain ? ---- Yes , I want the girls to experience that ___ they are young .
A. while B. until C. if D. before (08上海卷’31)
92、_____ well prepared you are , you still need a lot of luck in mountain climbing. (08上海卷’40)
A. However B. Whatever C. No matter D. Although
93、We’ll have a picnic in the park this Sunday _____ it rains or it’s very cold. (08天津卷’ 01)
A. since B. if C. unless D. until
94、All people, they are old or young, rich or poor, have been trying their best to help those in need since the disaster. (08重庆卷’ 33) A. even if B. whether C. no matter D. however
95、______ hungry I am, I never seem to be able to finish off this loaf of bread. (08辽宁卷’ 28)
A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Wherever D. However
96、I used to love that film ______ I was a child, but I don’t feel it that way any more. (08辽宁卷’ 32)
A. once B. when C. since D. although
97、You’d better not leave the medicine ______ kids can get at it. (08山东卷’ 31)
A. even if B. which C. where D. so that
98、Animals suffered at the hands of Man ___ they were destroyed by people to make way for agricultural had to provide food for more people. (08江西卷’34)
A. in which B. for which C. so that D. in that
99、-----Do you have a minute? I’ve got something to tell you. -----Ok, ____ you make it short.
A. now that B. if only C. so long as D. every time (08安徽卷’31)
100、Don’t promise anything ______ you are one hundred percent sure. (08浙江卷’16)
A. whether B. after C. how D. unless
101、_____ the Internet is of great help. I don’t think it’s a good idea to spend too much time on it.
A. If B. While C. Because D. As (08湖南卷’33)
102、(08四川卷’01)I haven’t seen Ann for ____ long that I’ve forgotten what she looks like.
A. such B. very C. so D. too
103、(08四川卷’06)There were some chairs left over _____ everyone had sat down.
A. when B. until C. that D. where
104、(08福建卷’28) Nancy enjoyed herself so much ______ she visited her friends in Sydney last year.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
105. Tim is in good shape physically he doesn't get much exercise. （10湖南32）
A. if B. even though C. unless D. as long as
106. The school rules state that no child shall be allowed out of the school during the day, ______ accompanied by an adult. （10山东28）
A. once B. when C. if D. unless
107.） you may have, you should gather your courage to face the challenge. （10上海34
A. However a serious problem B. What a serious problem
C. However serious a problem D. What serious a problem
108. Because of the heavy traffic，it was already time for lunch break she got to her office（10四川20）． A．since B．that C．when D．until
109.John thinks it won’t be long he is ready for his new job. （10陕西）
A. when B. after C. before D. since
110. Today, we will begin ________we stopped yesterday so that no point will be left out. （10重庆32）
A. when B. where C. how D. what
111. She had just finished her homework her mother asked her to practice playing the piano yesterday. (09福建33) A. when B. while C. after D. since
112. My parents don’t mind what job I do I am happy. (09陕西13)
A. even though B. as soon as C. as long as D. as though
113. You can’t borrow books from the school library ______ you get your student card. (09上海32)
A. before B. if C. while D. as
114. All the dishes in this menu, otherwise stated, will serve two to three people. (09全国Ⅱ10)
A. as B. if C. though D. unless
1155. Because of the financial crisis, days are gone _ _ local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night. (09江苏23) A. if B. when C. which D. since
116. __ unemployment and crime are high, it can be assumed that the latter is due to the former. (09江苏31) A. Before B. Where C. Unless D. Until
117. It was a nice meal, _______a little expensive. （2011全国卷II19）
A. though B. whether C. as D. since
118__________ volleyball is her main focus, she’s also great at basketball. （2011北京卷29）
A. Since B. Once C. Unless D. While
119. If a lot of people say a film is not good, I won’t bother to see it, or I’ll wait it comes out on DVD. (2011上海卷36) A. whether B. after C. though D. until
120. The police officers in our city work hard _____ the rest of us can live a safe life. (2011上海卷37)
A. in case B. as if C. in order that D. only if
121. Please call my secretary to arrange a meeting this afternoon, or it is convenient to you. （2011江西卷29）
A. whenever B. however C. whichever D. wherever
122. One Friday, we were packing to leave for a weekend away my daughter heard cries for help. （2011浙江卷4）
A. after B. while C. since D. when
123.（2011福建卷）33.It was April 29, 2001 Prince William and Kate Middleton walked into the palace hall of the wedding ceremony.
A.that B.when C.since D.before
124. Frank insisted that he was not asleep I had great difficulty in waking him up. （2011四川卷4）
A. whether B. although C. for D. so
125.） As it reported, it is 100 years _____________Qinghua University was founded. （2011四川卷6
A. when B. before C. after D. since
126. No matter how ________ , it is not necessarily lifeless. （2011辽宁卷25）
A. a desert may be dry B. dry a desert may be
C. may a desert be dry D. dry may a desert be
127. He had no sooner finished his speech _____ the students started cheering. （2011辽宁卷29）
A. since B. as C. when D. than
128. The new stadium being built for the next Asian Games will be ______the present one. （2011陕西卷17）
A. as three times big as B. three times as big as
C. as big as three times D. as big three times as
129. regular exercise is very important, it’s never a good idea to exercise too close to bedtime. （2011天津卷5）A.It B. As C.Although D.Unless
130. ____________all of them are strong candidates, only one will be chosen for the post. （2011陕西卷19）
A. Since B. While C. If D. As
131. To show our respect, we usually have to take our gloves off we are to shake hands with. （2011重庆30）
A.whichever B.whenever C.whoever D.wherever
132. Jack wasn’t saying anything, but the teacher smiled at him _______he had done something very clever. (2011湖南卷33) A .as if B. in case C. while D. though
133. He had his camera ready _____ he saw something that would make a good picture. (2011山东卷28 )
A. even if B. if only C. in case D. so that
134【2012全国卷II】1 I had hardly got to the office ___ my wife phone me to go back
home at once.
A. when B. than C. until D. after
135【2012安徽】2.. When for his views about his teaching job, Philip said he
found it very interesting and rewarding.
A. asking B. asked C. having asked D. to be asked
136【2012重庆】3.—Coach, can I continue with the training?
—Sorry, you can’t ________you haven’t recovered from the knee injury.
A. until B. before
C. as D. unless
137【2012全国】4. I don't believe we've met before, I must say you do look
A. therefore B. although
C. since D. unless
138【2012北京】5. —Look at those clouds!
—Don’t worry. ______ it rains, we’ll still have a great time.
A. Even if B. As though C. In case D. If only
139【2012北京】6. Don’t handle the vase as if it ____ made of steel.
A. is B. were C. has been D. had been
140【2012福建】7. It is hard for Greek government to get over the present difficulties ______ it gets more financial support from the European Union.
A. if B. unless C. because D. since
141【2012陕西】8. Hot ___ the night air was, we slept deeply because we were so tired after the long journey.
A. although B. as C. while D. however
142【2012陕西】9. All the photographs in this book, _______ stated otherwise, date from the 1950s.
A. unless B. until C. once D. if
143【2012山东】10. He smiled politely ____ Mary apologized for her drunken friends.
A. as B. if C. unless D. though
144【2012山东】11. A number of high buildings have arisen ____ there was nothing a year ago but ruins.
A. when B. where C. before D. until
145【2012湖南】12. _______ I always felt I would pass the exam, I never thought I would get an A.
A. While B. Once C. If D. Until
146【2012湖南】13 ______ hard you try, it is difficult to lose weight without cutting down the amount you eat.
A. However B. Whatever C. Whichever D. Whenever
147【2012天津】14. Everything was placed exactly _____ he wanted it for the graduation ceremony.
A. while B. when C. where D. though
148【2012江西】15. You can borrow my car ____ you promise not to drive too fast.
A. unless B. if C. in case D. as long as
149【2012辽宁】16. Leave your key with your neighbor ____ you lock yourself out one day.
A. as long as B. even though C. in case D. as if
150【2012四川】17. If you happen to get lost in the wild, you’d better stay ______ you are and wait for help.
A. why B. where C. who D. what
151【2012江苏】18. One’s life has value _____ one brings value to the life of others.
A. so that B. no matter how C. as long as D. except that
1 -- 5 DACBB 6 -- 10 BADDC 11 -- 15 BBDCD 16 -- 20 BBCCD
21 --25 CADAA 26 --30 BBDAA 31 -- 35 BACBC 36 -- 40 ADDDB
41 -- 45 DDBBB 46 --50 AADAD 51 -- 55 BDCDA 56 -- 60 DCCBD
61 -- 65 ADDCD 66-70 ABABD 71-75 DBDDB 76-80 CBDDA
81-85 CCBBD 86-90 DDACD 91-95 AACBD 96-100 BCDCD
101-105 BCACB 106-110 DCCCB 111-115 ACADB 116-120 BADDC
121-125 ADBBD 126-130 BDBCB 131—135CACAB 136-140CBABB
141-145BAABA 146-151 ACDCBC