1. What surprised me was not what he said but________ he said it. (04湖北)
A. the way B. in the way that
C. in the way D. the way which
2. There was ________ time ________ I hated to go to school.(NMET 2004湖北)
A. a; that B. a; when C. the; that D. the; when
3. I work in a business ________ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance. (2004湖南)
A. how B. which C. where D. that
5. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others, ________ made the others envy him. (NMET 2004天津)
A. who B. that C. what D. which
6. ________is reported in the newspapers, talks between the two countries are making progress. (NMET 2004北京)
A. It B. As C. That D. What
7. Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase, ________ was very reasonable. (2001上海)
A. which price B. the price of which C. its price D. the price of whose
8. The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year, 80%________ are sold abroad. (NMET 2004 辽宁)
A. of which B. which of C. of them D. of that
9. There are altogether eleven books on the shelf, _____five are mine. (04 IV)
A. on which B. in which C. of which D. from which
10. American women usually identify their best friend as someone ________ they can talk frequently. (NMET 2004上海)
A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom
11. Luckily, we’d brought a road map without _____we would have lost our way. (04北京)
A. it B. that C. this D. which
12. _____is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. (04 江苏)
A. Which B. When C. What D. As
13. The English play ________ my students acted at the New Year’s party was a great success. (NMET 2004 I)
A. for which B. at which C. in which D. on which
14. There are two buildings, _____ stands nearly a hundred feet high.(04湖北)
A. the large B. the large of them
C. the larger one that D. the larger of which
15. Anyway, that evening, ________ I’ll tell you more about later, I ended up staying at Rachel’s place. (NMET 2004浙江)
A. when B. where C. what D. which
16（2005浙江卷）Jim passed the driving test,_____ surprised everyone in the office .
A. which B. that C. this D. it
17. （2005天津卷） Last month ,part of southeast Asia was struck by floods, from _____effects the people are still suffering.
A. that B. whose C. those D. what
18. （2005福建卷） --Is that the small town you often refer to ?
--Right, just the one ____you know I used to work for years.
A. that B. which C. where D. what
19. 2005山东卷）He was educated at a local grammar school, _____he went on Cambridge.
from which B. after that C. after which D. from this
20. （2005北京卷）---Why does she always ask you for help?
---There is no one else ___, is there?
A. who to turn to B. she can turn to
C. from whom to turn D. for her to turn
21. 05湖南）Frank’s dream was to have his own shop _____to produce the workings of his own hands. A. that B. in which C. by which D. how
22.（2005全国卷）I have many friends , ____some are businessmen .
A. of them B. from which C. who of D. of whom
23. （05辽宁卷）I walked in our garden, ____ Tom and Jim were tying a big sign onto one of the trees.
A. which B. when C. where D. that
24. 2005江西卷）The schools themselves admit that not all children will be successful in the jobs _______ they are being trained.
A. in fact B. for that C. in which D. for which
25. (2005重庆卷) Mark was a student at this university from
1999 to 2003, ____ he studied very hard and was made Chairman of the Students’ Union.
during which time B. for which time C. during whose time D. by that time
1-5 ABCD 6-10 BBACD 11-15 DDCDD 16-20ABCCB 21-25BDCDA
1.She was educated at Beijing University, _______she went on to have her advanced study abroad.（06陕西卷）
A. after which B. from which C. from that D. after that
2.Women drink more than two cups of coffee a day have a greater chance of having heart disease than those don’t.（06北京卷）
A. who; 不填 B.不填; who C. who; who D.不填； 不填
3.Look out! Don’t get too close to the house ______roof is under repair.（06福建卷）
A. whose B. which C. of which D. what
4.We saw several natives advancing towards our party, and one of them came up to us.，________we gave some bells and glasses. （06湖南卷）
A. to which B. to whom C. with whom D. with which
5.The owner of the cinema needed to make a lot of improvements and employ more people to keep it running, ______ meant spending tens of thousands of pounds. （06江苏卷）
A. who B. that C. as D. which
6.—Do you have anything to say for yourselves? （06江西卷）
—Yes ,there’s one point we must insist on.
A．why B. where C．how D．/
7.I was told that there were about 50 foreign students _________ Chinese in the school , most ______ were from Germany .（06辽宁卷）
A. study ; of whom B. study ; of them
C. studying ; of them D. studying ; of whom
8.We’re just tying to reach a point both sides will sit down together and talk.（06山东卷）
A．where B．that C．when D．which
9.The Beatles, ______many of you are old enough to remember, came from Liverpool.（06天津卷）
A．what B．that C．how D． as
10.I was given three books on cooking, the first _________ I really enjoyed.（06浙江卷）
A. of that B. of which C. that D. which
11.I saw a woman running to ward me in the dark. Before I could recognize who she was，she had run back in the direction________ she had come.（06重庆卷）
A. of which B. by which C. in which D. from which
1—5 ACABD 6—10 DDADB 11 D
1. Last week, only two people came to look at the house, _____ wanted to buy it. (2007安徽卷)
A. none of them B. both of them C. none of whom D. neither of whom
2. We shouldn’t spent our money testing so many people, most of ____are healthy. (2007北京卷)
A. that B. which C. what D. whom
3. The village has developed a lot _____ we learned farming two years ago. (2007福建卷)
A. when B. which C. that D. where
4. By serving others, a person focuses on someone other than himself or herself, ______ can be very eye-opening and rewarding. (2007湖南卷)
A. who B. which C. what D. that
5. He was educated at the local high school, ____ he went on to Beijing University.(2007江苏卷)
A. after which B. after that C. in which D. in that
6. After graduation she reached a point in her career ____ she had to decide what to do. (2007江西卷)
A. that B. what C. which D. where
7. Some pre-school children go to a day-care center, _____ they learn simple games and songs. (2007全国I)
A. then B. there C. while D. where
8. —Where did you get to know her?
—It was on the farm _____ we worked. (2007山东卷)
A. that B. there C. which D. where
9. The book was written in 1946, ____ the education system has witnessed great charges. (2007山东卷)
A. when B. during which C. since then D. since when
10. Today, we’ll discuss a number of cases _____ beginners of English fail to use the language properly. (2007陕西卷)
A. which B. as C. why D. where
11. It is reported that two schools, ____ are being built in my hometown, will open next year. (2007四川卷)
A. they both B. which both C. both of them D. both of which
12. Those successful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity _____ sight matters more than hearing. (2007天津卷)
A. when B. whose C. which D. where
13. Chan’s restaurant on Baker Street, ____ used to be poorly run, is now a successful business. (2007浙江卷)
A. that B. which C. who D. where
14. Human facial expressions differ from those of animals in the degree _____ they can be controlled on purpose. (2007重庆卷)
A. with which B. to which C. of which D. for which
15. Eric received training in computer for one year, ___ he found a job in a big company. [2007 辽宁卷]
A. after that B. after which C. after it D. after this
【答案】解析略。1---5 DDDBA 6-10 DDDDD 11-15 DDBBB
1. By nine o'clock, all the Olympic torch bearers had reached the top of Mount Qomolangma, ____ appeared a rare rainbow soon. （2008福建）
A. of which B. on which C. from which D. above which
2. The man pulled out a gold watch, _____ were made of small diamonds. (2008陕西卷)
A. the hands of whom B. whom the hands of
C. which the hands of D. the hands of which
3. They will fly to Washington, _____ they plan to stay for two or three days.（2008重庆）
A. where B. there C. which D. when
4. The Science Museum, ____________ we visited during a recent trip to Britain, is one of London's tourist attractions. （2008江苏卷）
A. which B. what C. that D. where
5. It was along the Mississippi River _______ Mark Twain spent much of his childhood. （2008天津卷）
A. how B. which C. that D. where
6. Occasions are quite rare __ I have the time to spend a day with the kids. （2008山东）
A. who B. which C. why D. when
7. The road conditions there turned out to be very good, _____ was more than we could expect. （全国卷II）
A. it B. what C. which D. that
8. It was in New Zealand ________ Elizabeth first met Mr. Smith. （全国卷II）
A. that B. how C. which D. when w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
9. Animals suffered at the hands of Man _______ they were destroyed by people to make way for agricultural had to provide food for more people. （2008江西卷）
A. in which B. for which C. so that D. in that
10. The growing speed of a plant is influenced by a number of factors, ____ are beyond our control. (2008湖南)
A. most of them B. most of which C. most of what D. most of that
11. I'll give your friend's home address,__ I can be reached most evenings.（2008北京卷）
A. which B. when C. whom D. where
12. All the neighbor admire this family. ___the parents are treating their child like a friend. （2008安徽卷）
A. why B. where C. which D. that
13. Villagers here depend on the fishing industry.___ there won't be much work. (2008上海春招)
A. where B. that C. by which D. without which
14. For many cities in the world, there is no room to spread our further, _____ New York is an example. （2008四川卷）
A. for which B. in which C. of which D. from which
15. We went through a period _____ communications were very difficult in the rural areas. (2008年上海卷)
A. which B. whose C. in which D. with which
【答案】解析略。1---5 DDAAC 6---10 DCADB 11---15 DBDCC
1．The doctor ____ is leaving for Africa next month.
A．the nurse is talking to him B．Whom the nurse is talking
C．the nurse is talking to D．Who the nurse is talking
2．I still remember the days ____ we studied together.
A．that B．which C．where D．When
3．In fact the Sweden did not understand the three questions ____ were asked in French.
A．where B．who C．in which D．Which
4．He didn't know which room ____.
A．they lived B．they lived in C．did they live D．did they live in
5．To get the job started, ____ I need is your permission.
A．only what B．all what C．all that D．Only that
6．I can still remember the sitting room ____ I used to sit in the evening.
A．what B．which C．that D．Where
7．Finally, the thief handed everything ____ he had stolen to the police.
A．which B．what C．whatever D．That
8．His parents wouldn't let him marry anyone ____ family was poor.
A．of whom B．whom C．of whose D．Whose
9．He paid the boy ＄ 10 for washing ten windows, most of ____ hadn't been cleaned for at least a year.
A．these B．those C．that D．Which
10．She heard a terrible noise, ____ brought her heart into her mouth.
A．it B．which C．this D．That
11．Didn't you see the man ____ ? w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A．I nodded just now B．Whom I nodded just now
C．I nodded to him just now D．I nodded to just now
12．The radio set ____ has gone wrong.
A．I bought it last week B．Which I bought it last week
C．I bought last week D．What I bought last week
13．Have you seen the girl ____ ?
A．that I told B．I told you of C．whom I told you D．I told you of him
14．Who ____ has common sense will do such a thing?
A．which B．who C．whom D．that
15．I'll tell you ____ he told me last week.
A．all which B．all what C．that all D．all
16．Each time ____ they met they would talked long hours together.
A．which B．during C．when D．不填
17．I, ____ your good friend, will try my best to help you out.
A．who is B．who am C．that is D．what is
18． ____ , the compass was first made in China.
A．It is known to all B．It is known that C．We know all D．As is known to all
19．He must be from Africa, ____ can be seen from his skin.
A．that B．as C．who D．what w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
20．Please lend us ____ tool as was used the other day.
A．same B．as C．the same D．that
21．The Second World War ____ millions of people were killed ended in 1945．
A．when B．during that C．in which D．which
22．Mr Crossett will never forget the days ____ he spent with his various students.
A．when B．which C．during which D．on which
23．This is just the place ____ I am longing to visit these years.
A．that B．where C．in which D．to where
24．It's the third time ____ late this month.
A．that you arrive B．when you arrived C．that you've arrived D．that you've arrived
25．Antarctic ____ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
A．which B．where C．that D．about which
26．He has lost the key to the drawer ____ the papers are kept.
A．where B．in which C．under which D．which
27．Which sentence is wrong? ____
A．The finger I dipped into the cup was not the one I put it into my mouth.
B．Do you know the boy who jumped onto the platform?
C．Science and new technology have made it possible for farmers to produce more food on the same amount of land. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
D．People in ancient times took it for granted that the sun moved round the earth.
28．Is this museum ____ some German friends visited last Wednesday?
A．that B．where C．in which D．the one
29．The beautiful dress ____ Miss Jones went to the ball was borrowed from a friend of hers.
A．in which B．worn by C．wearing which D．that
30．You may take anything useful ____ .
A．which you want B．you want them C．what you want D．you want
31．I've read all the books ____ were borrowed from the library.
A．they B．which C．不填 D．that
32．Winter is the time of year ____ the days are short and nights are long.
A．on which B．that C．when D．where
33．Can you lend me the book ____ the other day?
A．which you talked B．that you talked
C．about that you talked D．you talked about
34．There are two thousand students in our school , ____ are girls.
A．two-thirds in which B．two-thirds in them
C．two-thirds of them D．of whom two-thirds w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
35．I have bought two ball pens, ____ writes well.
A．neither of them B．none of them C．neither of which D．none of which
36．Do you know the reason ____ he was late?
A．for which B．for what C．which D．of which
37．John got beaten in the game, ____ had been expected.
A．who B．what C．that D．as
38．I often thought of my childhood, ____ I lived on a farm.
A．who B．when C．where D．which
39．You can take any seat ____ is free.
A．in which B．that C．where D．which
40．He talked about the men and books ____ interested him greatly in the school.
A．that B．when C．who D. which
1～5 CDDBC 6～10 DDDDB 11～15 DCBDD 16～20 DBDBC
21～25 CDACD 26～30 BADAD 31～35 DCDDC 36～40 ADBBA
1. Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the day, ___, of course, made the others unhappy.
A. who B. which C. this D. what
2. A computer can only do ______ you have instructed it to do.
A. how B. after C. what D. when
3. The film brought the hours back to me ______ I was taken good care of in that far-away village.
A. until B. that C. when D. where
4. _____ is known to everybody, the moon travels round the earth once every month.
A. It B. As C. That D. What
5. The mother didn't know ______ to blame for the broken glass as it happened while she was out.
A. who B. when C. how D. what
6. John shut everybody out of the kitchen ______ he could prepare his grand surprise for the party. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. which B. when C. so that D. as if
7. Don't be afraid of asking for help ____ it is needed.
A. unless B. since C. although D. when
8. The English play _______ my students acted at the New Year's party was a great success.
A. for which B. at which C. in which D. on which
9. You are saying that everyone should be equal, and this is ______I disagree.
A. why B. where C. what D. how
10. Mary wrote an article on _____the team had failed to win the game.
A. why B. what C. who D. that
11. I have many friends, ______some are businessmen.
A. of them B. from which C. who of D of whom
12．See the flags on the top of the building！ That was _____we did in the morning.
A. when B. which C. where D. what
1-12 BCCBA CDCBA DD
1. The English play _____ my students acted at the New Year’s party was a great success.
A. for which B. at which C. in which D. on which
2. _____ is often the case, we have worked out the production plan.
A. Which B. When C. What D. As
3. Everything he ____ away from him before he returned to his hometown.
A. took B. had been taken C. had had been taken D. had taken
4. Was _____ Bill _____ played basketball very well _____ helped the blind man across the
A. this…who…who B. which…that…that
C. that…that…who D. it…who…that
5. The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months, _____ the sailing time was 226
A. of which B. during which C. from which D. for which
6. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others, _____ of course, made the
others envy him.
A. who B. that C. what D. which
7. It is easy to do the repair. _____ you need is a hammer and some nails.
A. Something B. All C. Both D. Everything
8. The person we spoke to ____ no answer at first．
A．making B．makes C．make D．made
9. The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year , 80% _____ are sold abroad .
A．of which B．which of C．of them D．of that
10. There were dirty marks on her trousers _____ she had wiped her hands.
A. where B. which C. when D. that
11. George Orwell, _____ was Eric Arthur, wrote many political novels and essays.
A. the real name B. what his real name C. his real name D. whose real name
12. American women usually identify their best friend as someone _____ they can talk
A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom
13. A fast food restaurant is the place _____, just as the name suggests, eating is performed
A. which B. where C. there D. what
14. ______break the law will be punished.
A. Anyone B. One C. Those who D. No matter who
15. Will you please show me the girl ______name is Lee.
A. her B. who’s C. whose D. which
16. It was raining again , ______is very bad for our drops.
A. it B. that C. what D. which
17. The world ______is made up of matter.
A. in that we live B. on which we live
C. where we live in D. we live in
18. Hay ______too much moisture will spoil.
A. contains B. that containing C. that contains D. which to contain
19. Caves and hollow trees are not the only places ______.
A. where are found bats B. where bats are found in
C. where bats are found D. in which bats to find
20. Now we can fly to Tokyo .There was a time ______ we had to take a boat.
A. how B. what C. why D. when
21. This is the very car ______ yesterday. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. which was stolen B. that was stolen
C. to have been stolen D. Having been stolen
22. The man ______had little information.
A. I spoke of B. of who I spoke C. I spoke of whom D. whom I spoke
23. The reason ______ he gives for not coming is that his mother won’t let him.
A. for which B. which C. why D. about which
24. This steel pipe has the same diameter _____ that plastic one has.
A. of which B. which C. such as D. as
25. I don’t like ______ you speak to you parents.
A. the way B. the way in that C. the way which D. the way of which
26. The boy ______leg was broken when he fell off the bike was sent to the nearest hospital
A. which B. who’s C. of whom D. whose
27. This is ______ I want to say .
A. all what B. that C. all D. all which
28. The students should be encouraged to read such books ______ good for them informing
good habits. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. that are B. as they are C. as are D. that they are
29. Supermarkets ______people buy nearly everything continue to appear in China .
A. that B. from which C. from where D. which
30. The train ______she was traveling was late .
A. which B. where C. on which D. in that
31. Most of the classmates wanted to know the way ______he learns new course.
A. which B. in which C. by which D. about which
32. The room was full of students , ten of ______are from foreign countries.
A. them B. who C. whom D. which
33. He has many habits, ______ are harmful.
A. some if them B. which of some C. of which few D. few of whose
34. The furniture _____ I ordered was sent to the wrong address.
A. in which B. where C. when D. which
35. Thirty people were sent to the hospital after accident, _____ children.
A. many of them were B. many of them
C. many of whom were D. many whom were
36. This is the school _____ my little brother studied years ago.
A. which B. that C. when D. in which
37. Nearby were two boats _____ they had come to the island.
A. where B. by which C. in which D. with which
38. What’s that _____ was flashed in the sky just now? w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. which B. that C. who D. as
39. Who is the man _____was standing at the door ?
A. who B. which C. that D. as
40. Although violent , tornadoes are small storms ______paths aren’t usually more than a quarter
of a mile in width.
A. what B. where C. that D. whose
41. They have started an investigation, _______are being kept secret.
A. the details of which B. which details C. the details D. the details of that
42. I was stuck by the limited use _______ their natural resources.
A. the Indians made of B. which the Indians made
C. for the Indians to make of D. for the Indians making of
43. The architect’s task is to design buildings ______ are functional and beautiful.
A. where B. which C. in that D. with which
44. The speed ______ light travels is said to be the maximum in the universe.
A. in which B. by which C. from which D. with which
45. Why do you blame me for everything _____ goes wrong.
A. that B. when C. where D. who
46. Ann bought a dress ______ didn’t fit her, so she took ______ back to the shop ______ she
bought it. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. which…that …. that B. that…which…where
C. which…it… where D. where…it…that
47. Yesterday we visited the City Museum, ______ I’d never been to before.
A. which B. where C. that D. what
48. A lot of people applied for the job _______ was advertised, ______had the necessary qualifications.
A. once…who B. where….most of who
C. that … few of which D. which…few of whom
49. We can see now in a very general way the method ______the computer works.
A. in which B. by which C. with which D. on which
50. Are these glasses ______?
A. which you wish will be repaired B. the ones you wish to have repaired
C. the one you wish to repair D. that you wish to be repaired
1-5 CDCDA 6-10 DBDAA 11-15 DDBCC 16-20 DDCCD
21-25 BABDA 26-30 DCCBC 31-35 BCCDC 36-40 DCACD
41-45 AABDA 46-50 CADBB
1.① This is one of the most interesting films _____ shown last week.
② This is the very one of the most interesting films _____ shown last week.
A. which was B. that was C. which were D. that were
2.① He has two sons, _____ are college students.
② He has two sons, and _____ are college students.
A. both of which B. both of whom C. both of them D. both of it
3.① He still lives in the room _____ window faces to the east.
② He still lives in the room, the window _____ faces to the east.
③ He still lives in the room _____ is in the north of the city.
④ He still lives in the room _____ there is a beautiful table.
A. which B. whose C. where D. of which
4.① _____ leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights.
② _____ who leaves the room last ought to turn off the lights.
③ _____ who leave the room last ought to turn off the lights.
A. Anyone B. Who C. Those D. Whoever
5.① _____ we all know, China is rich in natural resources.
② _____ is well-known that China is rich in natural resources.
③ _____ is well-known, China is rich in natural resources.
A. Which B. As C. It D. That
6.① I’ll never forget the days _____ we studied together.
② I’ll never forget the days _____ we spent together.
A. that B. 不填 C. when D. A and B
7.① This is the only way _____ you can find.
② I don’t like the way _____ he spoke to his mother.
A. that B. 不填 C. in which D. A, B and C E. A and B
8.① Galileo collected the facts _____ proved the earth and all the other planets move around the sun.
② Galileo discovered the fact _____ the earth and all the other planets move around the sun.
A. that B. which C. 不填 D. A and B
9. ① Is this museum _____ they visited last month?
② The teacher tells us that _____ cleans the blackboard is to be praised.
A. that B. the one C. which D. the one who
10. ① It was eleven o’clock _____ they went out of the cinema.
② It was at eleven o’clock _____ they went out of the cinema.
A. which B. that C. when D. on which
11.①Our teacher set us such a difficult maths problem_______ we could’t work out.
②Our teacher set us such a difficult maths problem_______ we could’t work it out.
③These houses are sold at such a low price _______ people expected.
A. like B. as C. that D. which
12．① I don't believe the reason ______ he has given for his being late.
A． why B． that C． how D．what
② I don’t know the reason _____ you were absent from the meeting, but I am sure that someone will tell me the reason _____ you haven’t told me.
A. why; that B. that; why C. because; which D. of which; that
③ Is this the reason ________ at the meeting for his carelessness in his work? (02上海 春)
A. he explained B. what he explained
C. how he explained D. why he explained
13. ①.------Do you have anything to say for ourselves?
------There is one point ____ we should insist on.
A. where B. why C. How D. /
②.We are trying to reach a point______ two sides will sit down together and talk.
Ａwhere B. when C. that D. which
14．The island ＿ he visited last year is far from the town.
The island＿ he lived in his childhood is far from the town.
A. which B. in which C. on which D. on that
15.Is this the school＿you visited the other day?
Is this school＿you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C . in which D the one
16.He brought forward a plan ＿ we didn’t agree.
He brought forward a plan ＿ we couldn’t accept.
A. × B. of which C. for which D.to which
17. The woman ＿he married last month was a doctor.
The woman ＿he was married was a doctor.
A. whose B. whom C. to whom D. with whom
18.The discovery ＿he spent 10 years will do good to the world.
The discovery ＿took 10 years will do good to the world.
A . which B. × C. on which D. when
19 .John, ＿ I went to the park ,is a famous film star.
John, ＿ car I went to the park ,is a famous film star.
A. whose B. in whose C. whom D. with whom
20.The science subject, ＿ Tom is interested, is important in high school.
The science subject, ＿ Tom has mastered well, is important in high school.
A that B. × C. in which D. at which
21. I’ll fly to Washington , ＿ is the capital of the U.S..
I’ll fly to Washington , ＿I can enjoy myself.
A. that B. which C. where D. ×
22.I’ll never forget the days＿we spent together.
I’ll never forget the days＿we made friends with the boys.
A. when B. × C. where D. whom
23. Who is the person＿ asked for me just now?
Who is the person＿ he asked for?
A that B. whom C. whose D. who
24．He has three sons, and one of ＿ is an engineer.
He has three sons, one of ＿ is an engineer.
A .which B. whom C .them D. who
25.This is the every room＿ I slept in that evening.
This is the every room＿ I slept that evening.
A where B. which C. that D. who
26.The factory in ＿ we used to work has been closed down.
The factory＿ we used to work has been closed down.
A. that B. which C. as D. where
27.He said something , ＿ surprised me.
He said something ＿ surprised me.
A which B. that C. as D. when
28.The woman ＿ husband was wounded in the war lived a terrible life.
The woman ＿ was wounded in the war lived a terrible life.
A. whose B. who C. which D. whom
29.I’m surprised at all ＿ he said at the meeting.
I’m surprised at ＿ he said at the meeting.
A which B. what C. that D. as
30. She is such a lovely girl＿ I like .
She is such a lovely girl＿ I like her.
A that B. as C. which D. who
31.It was in the hospital＿ he came across a friend of his.;
It was the hospital＿ he came across a friend of his.
A that B. which C. where D. in that
32.The advice＿ I should take some medicine sounds good.
The advice,＿ I should take , sounds good.
A. which B. that C. × D. what
33.He was a doctor with many good qualities, ＿ was unpopular.
He was a doctor with many good qualities, but＿ was unpopular.
A. who B. whom C. he D. it
1. ① D ② B 2. ① B ② C
3. ① B ② D ③ A ④ C 4. ① D ② A ③ C
5. ① B ② C ③ B 6. ① C ② D
7. ① E ② D 8. ① D ② A
9. ① B ② D 10. ① C ② B
11. ① B ② C ③B 12. ① B ② A ③A
13. ① D ② A
14A C 15 A D 16 D A 17 B C 18 C A 19 B D 20 C D 21 B C 22 B A 23 A B 24 C B 25 C A 26B D 27A B 28A B
29 C B 30B A 31A C 32B A 33A C
1.______ surprised me most was the news ______ our team won.
A. That; that B. What; which C. What; that D. That; which
2.This is the only book ______ I want to read.
A. which B. that C. what D. as
3.The reason ______ I am so late is ______ the bus.
A. that; I didn’t catch B.×; that I missed
C. why; because I have missed D.×; because my not catching
4. The problem ______ has been completely settled.
A. which you thought B. that you thought
C. about which you thought it D. that you thought about
5. Is this the tape－recorder you wish ______?
A. to have it repaired B. to repair it
C. to have repaired D. repairing
6. The electric toy ______ last month has gone out of order.
A.I bought it for him B. which I bought to him
C.I bought for him D. that I bought to him
7. His head soon appeared out of one of the second storey windows,______ he could see nothing but tress.
A. from which B. from where C. where D. from there
8. Every minute ______ full use of to study our lessons will do our students good.
A. which makes B. that is made C. that made D. what is made
9. Will it be two months ______ we can get another one?
A. that B. when C. before D. in which
10.After graduation we should go ______ our Party needs us most.
A. to the place which B. in which C. that D. where
11.There is a popular belief among parents ______ schools are no longer interested
A. who B. whose C. that D. which
12.He lent me a lot of money, ______ I couldn’t buy the TV set.
A. with it B. for which C. without which D. by which
13.Water power stations are built ______ big water falls.
A. which are B. which has C. where there have D. where there are
14.The direction ______ a force acts can be changed.
A. how B. which C. towards D.×
15.Was it yesterday ______ you received the letter from her?
A. when B. which C. on which D. that
16.In the end she decided to sell the house ______ windows were almost broken.
A .which B. that C. of which D. whose
17.That ______ you lent me wasn’t _____ I wanted.
A. that; all B. which; all C. that; what D. which; that
18.Each time ______ they met, they would talk long hours together.
A. during B. which C. where D.×
19.This is the third week ______ for the rubbish.
A. that they didn’t come B. they aren’t coming
C. they haven’t come D. when they haven’t come
20.On the desk ______ a Chinese brush ______ he had made drawing.
A. lay; with which B. lies; by which C. laid; in which D. lay; on which
21.We’ll never forget the days ______ we spent on the seashore.
A. during which B. in which C. when D.×
22.The beautiful church ______ we see there is very famous.
A. he tower which B. of whose tower C. the tower of which D. of which tower
23.The 11th Asian Games, ______China won 183 gold medals, was held in the autumn of 1990.
A. which B. that C. at which D. at that
24.The only thing ______ is wrong with this is ______ a friend of mine said to me
the other day.
A. which; what B. what; that C. that; what D. that; which
25.Who is he man ______ is talking with John?
A. which B. who C. what D. that
26.The farmer uses wood to build a house ______ to store grains.
A. with which B. to where C. which D. in which
27.I really don’t know ______ I had my pocket picked.
A. where was it that B. it was where that
C. where it was that D. was it where that
28.He insisted that he ______ right in doing that.
A. should be B. was C. would be D. is
29.——Have you heard from Mary recently?
——Yes, she said she was thinking ______ she should do next.
A. that B. of what C. what D. how
30.Can you guess ______?
A. who that man is B. who is that man
C. what is that man D. whom that man is
31.Tom told his aunt that he ______ what he was doing during the time when he was
in the country.
A. had just asked B. had just been asked C. was just asked D. just asked
32.The reason ______ she gave for not being present was ______ the heavy snow
prevented her coming.
A. ×;because B. why; because C. ×;that D. why; whether
33.Air is to us ______ water is to fish.
A. what B. that C. which D. is that
34.The free ticket will be sent to ______ comes first.
A. whoever B. whomever C. whosever D. no matter who
35.______ is still unknown when the president will make a public speech.
A. It B. That C. He D. What
36.I don’t know ______ is ______ I was born.
A. that; when B. that; what C. that; where D. what; where
37.It is generally considered unwise to give a child ______ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
38.Father made a promise _____I passed the examination he would buy me a bicycle.
A. that B .if C. whether D. that if
39.As many members ______ were present agreed to the plan.
A. who B. that C. which D. as
40.______ can be seen from his face, he is quite satisfied.
A. That B. It C. Which D. As
1－5 C B B D C 6－10 C B B C D 11－15 C C D D D
16－20 D B D C A 21－25 D C C C D 26－30 D C B B A
31－35 B C A A A 36－40 C B D D D