1. ______ he referred to in his article was unknown to the general reader. (2007 上海卷)
A. That B. What C. Whether D. Where
2. The traditional view is ______ we sleep because our brain is “programmed” to make us do so.(2007 上海卷)
A. when B. why C. whether D. that
3. Could I speak to--------- is in charge of International Sales ,please? (2007 山东卷)
A．anyone B．someone C．whoever D．nomatter who
4.____ matters most in learning English is enough practice.(2007 全国卷II)
A. What B. Why C. Where D. Which
5. You can only be sure of_________ you have at present; you cannot be sure of something _____ you might get
in the future.(2007 安徽卷)
A. that; what B. what; / C. which; that D. /; that
6. —Where’s that report?
—I brought it to you ____you were in Mr.Black’s office yesterday.(2007 北京卷)
A. if B. when C. because D. befor
7. It is none of your business other people think about you. Believe yourself. (2007 福建卷)
A.how B.what C.which D.when
8. Having checked the doors were closed , and _________ all the lights were off, the boy opened the door to his bedroom.（2007 湖南卷）
A. why B. that C. when D. where
9. Choosing the right dictionary depends on ______ you want to use it for. （2007 江苏卷）
A. what B. why C. how D. whether
10. parents say and do has a life-long effect on their children. （2007 陕西卷）
A.That B.Which C.What D.As
11. By improving reading skills, you can read faster and understand more of you read．（2007 上海春）
A．that B．what C．which D．whether
12. The seaside here draws a lot of tourists every summer. Warm sunshine and soft sands make ________ it is . （2007 天津卷）
A. what B. which C. how D. where
13. Why not try your lick downtown, Bob? That’s ______ the best jobs are.（2007 浙江卷）
A. where B. what C. when D. why
（08全国I卷）14. The lawyer rarely wears anything other than jeans and a T-shirt ______ the season.
A. whatever B. wherever C. whenever D. however
（08山东卷）15. ______ was most important to her, she told me, was her family.
A. It B. This C. What D. As
（08北京卷）16. The companies are working together to create they hope will be the best means of transport in the 21st century.
A. which B. that C. what D. who
（08天津卷）17. The last time we had great fun was _____ we were visiting the Water Park.
A. where B. how C. when D. why
（08重庆卷）18. People in Chongqing are proud of __ they have achieved, in the past ten years.
A. that B. which C. what D. how
（08安徽卷）19. Students are always interested in finding out _______ they can go with a new teacher.
A. how far B. how soon C. how often D. how long
（08福建卷）20. _____ is known to us all is that the 2008 Olympic Games will take place in Beijing.
A. It B. What C. As D. Which
（08湖南卷）21. When asked _____ they needed most, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved.
A. what B. why C. whom D. which
（08江西卷）22. Animals suffered at the hands of Man ___ they were destroyed by people to make way for agricultural had to provide food for more people.
A. in which B. for which
C. so that D. in that
（08浙江卷）23.______wants to stay in a hotel has to pay their own way.
A. Anyone B. The one C. Whoever D. Who
（08浙江卷）24. Some children want to challenge themselves by learning a language different from ______ their parents speak at home.
A. what B. that C. which D. one
（08重庆卷）25. All people, __ they are old or young, rich or poor, rich or poor, have been trying their best to help those in need since the disaster.
A. even if B. whether
C. no matter D. however
(08上海卷)26.As his best friend , I can make accurate guesses about ___he will do or think.
A. what B. which C. whom D. that
(08上海卷)27. It has been proved ___ eating vegetables in childhood helps to protect you against serious illnesses in later life.
A. if B. because C. when D. that
09重庆）28. We should consider the students’ request ___ the school library provide more books on popular science.
A. that B. when
C. which D. where
（09江苏）29..Many young people in the West are expected to leave __ could be life’s most important decision—marriage—almost entirely up to luck.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
（09山东）30. The little girl who got lost decided to remain _________she was and wait tor her mother.
A. where B. what C. how D. who
（09安徽）31. a certain doubt among the people as to the practical value of the project.
A. It has B. They have
C. It remains D. There remains
（09湖南）32．She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do it takes to save her life.
A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever
（09江西）33. The fact has worried many scientists ______ the earth is becoming warmer and warmer these years.
A. what B. which C. that D. though
（09海南）34. Could I speak to is in charge of International Sales please?
A. who B. what C. whoever D. whatever
（09陕西）35. The how to book can be of help to wants to do the job.
A. who B. whomever C. no matter who D. whoever
（09海南）36. One of the most important questions they had to consider was---- of public health
A. what B. this C. that D. which
（09上海）37. As a new diplomat, he often thinks of he can react more appropriately on such occasions.
A. what B. which C. that D. how
（09四川）38. News came from the school office ________Wang Lin had been admitted to Beijing University.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
（09天津）39. It is obvious to the students ______ they should get well prepared for their future.
A. as B. which C. whether D. that
（09浙江）40．－Is there any possibility ______ you could pick me up at the airport?
A. When B. that C. whether D. what
1. His movie won several awards at the film festival, ______ was beyond his wildest dream.（2007 上海卷）
A. which B. that C. where D. it
2. —Where did you get to know her?
—It was on the farm _________ we worked.（2007 山东卷）
A．that B．there C．which D．where
3. Last week, only two people came to look at the house, _______ wanted to buy it. （2007 安徽卷）
A. none of them B. both of them C. none of whom D. neither of whom
4. We shouldn’t spent our money testing so many people,most of _____are healthy（2007 北京卷）
A. that B.which C. what D. whom
5. By serving others, a person focuses on someone other than himself or herself, ___________ can be very eye-opening and rewarding. （2007 湖南卷）
A. who B. which C. what D. that
6. He was educated at the local high school, ______ he went on to Beijing University. （2007 江苏卷）
A. after which B. after that C. in which D. in that
7. After graduation she reached a point in her career she heeded to decision what to do. （2007 江西卷）
A.that B.what C.which D.where
8. Some pre-school children go to a day care center, _______they learn simple games and songs. （2007 全国卷I）
A. then B. there C. while D. where
9. Today, we’ll discuss a number of cases beginners of English fail to use the language properly. （2007 陕西卷）
A.which B.as C.why D.where
10. The thought of going back home was kept him happy while he was working abroad．（2007 上海卷）
A．that B．all that C．all what D．which
11. It is reported that two schools，_______ are being built in my hometown，will open next year. （2007 四川卷）
A．they both B．which both C．both of them D．both of which
12. Those successful deaf dancers think that dancing is an activity ________ sight matters more than hearing. （2007 天津卷）
A. when B. whose C. which D. where
13. Chan’s restaurant on Baker Street, ______ used to be poorly run, is now a successful business. （2007 浙江卷）
A. that B. which C. who D. where
14. Human facial expressions differ from those of animals in the degree ______ they can be controlled on purpose. （2007 重庆卷）
A. with which B. to which C. of which D. for which
15. Eric received training in computer for one year, _____ he found a job in a big company. （2007 辽宁卷）
A. after that B. after which C. after it D. after this
（08福建卷）16. By nine o’clock, all the Olympic torch bearers had reached the top of Mount Qomolangma, ____ appeared a rare rainbow soon.
A. of which B. on which C. from which D. above which
（08湖南卷）17. The growing speed of a plant is influenced by a number of factors, _____ are beyond our control.
（08江苏卷）18. The Science Museum, ______ we visited during a recent trip to Britain, is one of London’s tourist attractions.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
（08山东卷）19. Occasions are quite rare ______ I have the time to spend a day with my kids.
A. who B. which C. why D. when
（08江西卷）20. Later in this chapter cases will be introduced to readers __ consumer complaints have resulted in changes in the law.
A. where B. when C. who D. which
(08全国II)21. The road conditions there turned out to be very good, ___ was more than we could expect.
A. it B. what C. which D. that
（08陕西卷）22. Tomorrow is Tom’s birthday. Have you got any idea _________ the party is to be held?
A. what B. which C. that D. where
（08陕西卷）23. The man pulled out a gold watch, _________ were made of small diamonds.
A. the hands of whom B. whom the hands of
C. which the hands of D. the hands of which
(08四川卷)24. For many cities in the world, there is no room to spread our further, _______ New York is an example.
A. for which B. in which C. of which D. from which
（08浙江卷）25. Yesterday she sold her car, ______ she bought a month ago.
A. whom B. where C. that D. which
（08北京卷）26. I’ll give you your friend’s home address, I can be reached most evenings.
A. which B. when
C. whom D. where
（08重庆卷）27. They will fly to Washington, ___ they plan to stay for two or three days.
A. where B. there C. which D. when
(08上海卷)28. We went through a period ___ communications were very difficult in the rural areas.
A. which B. whose C. in which D. with which
（09天津）29. A person ______ e-mail account is full won’t be able to send or receive any e-mails.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. whoever
（09天津30.I travel to the Binhai New Area by light railway every day, _____ do many businessmen who live in downtown Tianjin.
A. as B. which C. when D. though
（09陕西）31. Gun control is a subject Americans have argued for a long time.
A. of which B. with which C. about which D. into which
（09四川）32. She’ll never forget her stay there ________ she found her son who had gone missing two years before.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
（09浙江）33．I have reached a point in my life ______ I am supposed to make decisions of my own.
A. which B. where C. how D. why
（09北京）34. —What do you think of teacher ,Bob？
—I find it fun and challenging. It is a job ___ you are doing something serious but interesting .
A. where B. which C. when D. that
（09福建35. It’s helpful to put children in a situation they can see themselves differently.
A. that B. when C. which D. where
（09安徽）36. A good friend of mine from I was born showed up at my home right before I left for Beijing.
A. how B. whom C. when D. which
（09安徽）37. Many children， parents are away working in big cities，are taken good care of in the village.
A. their B. whose C. of them D. with whom
（09湖南）38．I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, a city name will create a picture of beautiful trees and green grass in our mind.
A. which B. of which C. that D. whose
（09重庆）39. Life is like a long race _____we compete with others to go beyond ourselves.
A. why B. what C. that D. where
（09全国2 ）40. My friend showed me round the town, was very kind of him.
A. which B. that C. where D. it
（09江西）41. The house I grew up ________ has been taken down and replaced by an office building.
A. in it B. in C. in that D. in which
（09海南）42. She brought with her three friends, none of I had ever met before.
A. them B. who C. whom D. these
（09山东）43. Whenever I met her, _________ was fairly often, she greeted me with a sweet smile.
A. who B. which C. when D. that
1. I won’t call you, ________ something unexpected happens.（2007 全国卷I）
A. unless B. whether C. because D. while
2. We all know that, __________, the situation will get worse.（2007 全国卷I）
A. not if dealt carefully with B. if not carefully dealt with
C. if dealt not carefully with D. not if carefully dealt with
3.____ he had not hurt his leg, John would have won the race. （2007 全国卷II）
A. If B. Since C. Though D. When
4. Pop music is such an important part of society ______ it has even influenced our language. （2007 上海卷）
A. as B. that C. which D. where
5. Small sailboats can easily turn over in the water ______ they are not managed carefully.（2007 上海卷）
A. though B. before C. until D. if
6. ________ I really don’t like art, I find his work impressive.（2007 山东卷）
A．As B．Since C．If D．While
7. The field research will take Joan and Paul about five months; it will be a long time _____ we meet them again.
A. after B. before C. since D. when
8. Leave your key with a neighbor ___ you lock yourself out one day（2007 北京卷）
A. ever since B. even if C. soon after D. in case
9. The village has developed a lot we learned farming two years ago. （2007 福建卷）
A.when B.which C.that D.where
10. You will be successful in the interview you have confidence. （2007 福建卷）
A.before B.once C.until D.though
11. Most birds find it safe to sleep in the trees, but ________ they have eggs or young chicks, they don’t use a nest. （2007 湖南卷）
A. why B. how C. unless D. where
12. He was told that it would be at least three more months ___________he could receover and return to work. （2007 江西卷）
A.when B.before C.since D.that
13. there is a snowstorm or some other bad weal. her, the mail always comes on time.（2007 上海春）
A．Because B．If C．When D．Unless
14. tomorrow, our ship will set sail for Macao. （2007 上海春）
A．However the weather is like B．However is the weather like
C．Whatever is the weather like D．Whatever the weather is like
15. It is difficult for us to learn a lesson in life ________ we’ve actually had that lesson. （2007 天津卷）
A. until B. after C. since D. when
16. Many of them turned a deaf ear to his advice, _______ they knew it to be valuable.（2007 浙江卷）
A. as if B. now that C. even though D. so that
17. My parents live in a small village. They always keep candles in the house _____ there is a power out.
A. if B. unless C. in case D. so that
18. We had to wait half an hour _____ we had already booked a table. （2007 辽宁卷）
A. since B. although C. until D. before
（08全国I卷）19. —Have you got any idea for the summer vacation?
—I don’t mind where we go ______ there’s sun, sea and beach.
A. as if B. as long as C. now that D. in order that
(08全国II)20. A small car is big enough for a family of three ____ you need more space for baggage.
A. once B. because C. if D. unless
（08北京卷）21. —Did you return Fred’s call?
—I didn’t need to ____ I’ll see him tomorrow.
A. though B. unless
C. when D. because
（08北京卷）22. I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long, but it’ll still be some time ____ Brian get back.
A. before B. since C. till D. after
（08天津卷）23. We’ll have a picnic in the park this Sunday _____ it rains or it’s very cold.
A. since B. if C. unless D. until
(08上海卷)24. ---Are you ready for Spain？
--Yes, I want the girls to experience that ___ they are young.
A. while B. until C. if D. before
（08安徽卷）25. -----Do you have a minute? I’ve got something to tell you.
-----Ok, ______ you make it short.
A. now that B. if only C. so long as D. every time
（08 安徽卷）26. All the neighbor admire this family _________the parents are treating their child like a friend.
A. why B. where C. which D. that
（08福建卷）27. Nancy enjoyed herself so much ______ she visited her friends in Sydney last year.
A. that B. which C. when D. where
（08湖南卷）28. _____ the Internet is of great help. I don’t think it’s a good idea to spend too much time on it.
A. If B. While C. Because D. As
（08山东卷）29. He found it increasingly difficult to read, ______ his eyesight was beginning to fail.
A. though B. for C. but D. so
（08山东卷）30. You’d better not leave the medicine ______ kids can get at it.
A. even if B. which C. where D. so that
（08辽宁卷）31. ______ hungry I am, I never seem to be able to finish off this loaf of bread.
A. Whatever B. Whenever C. Wherever D. However
（08辽宁卷）32. I used to love that film ______ I was a child, but I don’t feel it that way any more.
A. once B. when C. since D. although
(08四川卷)33. There were some chairs left over _____ everyone had sat down.
A. when B. until C. that D. where
（08浙江卷）34. Don’t promise anything ______ you are one hundred percent sure.
A. whether B. after C. how D. unless
（09江苏）35.Because of the financial crisis, days are gone _ _ local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night.
A. if B. when C. which D. since
（09江苏）36. __ unemployment and crime are high, it can be assumed that the latter is due to the former.
A. Before B. Where C. Unless D. Until
（09福建）37. She had just finished her homework her mother asked her to practice playing the piano yesterday.
A. when B. while C. after D. since
（09陕西）38. My parents don’t mind what job I do I am happy.
A. even though B. as soon as C. as long as D. as though
（09上海）39. You can’t borrow books from the school library ______ you get your student card.
A. be fore B. if C. while D. as
40. Peter was so excited _______he received an invitation from his friend to visit Chongqing.
A. where B. that 你 C. why D. when
（09全国2 ）41. All the dishes in this menu, otherwise stated, will serve two to three people.
A. as B. if C. though D. unless
(08上海卷)42. ___ well prepared you are , you still need a lot of luck in mountain climbing.
A. however B. whatever C. no matter D. although
附答案：一:1-5 BDCAB 6-10 BBBAC 11-15 BAAAC 16-20 CCCAB
21-25 ADCAB 26-30 ADADA 31-35 DCCCD 36-40CBCDB
二：1-5 ADDDB 6-10 ADDDB 11-15 DDBBB 16-20 DBADA
21-25CBDCD 26-30 DACCA 31-35 CDBBD 36-40CBDDA 41-43 BCB
三：1-5ABABD 6-10 DBDDB 11-15 CBDDA 16-20 CCDDA
21-25 DACAC 26-30 BCBBC 31-35 DBADB 36-40 BACAD 41-42 DA