1. He has no choice but ______ there .
A. stayed B. staying C. to stay D. stay
2._____ wanting to see him again , she refused to reply to his letters .
A. As long as B. Although C. If D. Despite
3. She will have to find some other work , for she can’t ____ this loud noise any more.
A. come up with B. keep up with C. grow up with D. put up with
4. I_____ you some money , but I hadn’t any on me then .
A. would lend B. would have lent C. could lend D. may have lent
5. Mr. Chen is a teacher and works very hard . _____ his wife .
A. So does B. So is C. So is it with D. It is the same with
6. I know nothing about the match _____ I read in the newspaper .
A. besides B. expect C. except what D. except that
7. ____ the plan has been made , let’s get down to ____ it out .
A. Now that ; carry B. Because ; carry C. Since ; carrying D. Now ; putting
8.---- John wants to see you today .
---- I would rather he ____ tomorrow than today .
A. come B. came C. should come D. has come
9. --- How about Jim ? ---- He came home _____ .
A. with safety B. safely C. safe and sound D. with safeness
10. --- It’s thirty years since we last met .
-- But I still remember the story , believe it or not , ___ we got lost on a rainy night.
A. which B. that C. what D. when
11. --- Is your grandpa still living with you ?
--- No. He still prefers to live in the small mountain village ___ all its disadvantages .
A. for B. except C. with D. to
12. --- ____ Miss Ann stay out or be shown in , sir ?
---- Wait out a moment , please .
A. Does B. Shall C. May D. Will
13. You made the same mistake for ______ third time , dropping _____ “r” in the word “ government” .
A. a, the B. a , an C. the , an D a, a
14. --- Peter , don’t you believe that we should see each other again ?
---- _______ . Let me have your telephone number and I’ll give you a call .
A. That is easy B. Take it easy C. You are all right D. That’s all right
15. _____ abroad for a tour can be a great honor for an ordinary person like me .
A. Having been taken B. Taken C. Taking D. Being taken
16. So long as there are more people than needed , there _____ be tests to help make a fairer decision .
A. shall B. must C. may D. can
17.He has entertained hopes of being admitted to a sight of the wonderful valley , of ____ beauty he has heard .
A. which B. of whose C. whose D. form which
18. --- How did you find your visit to Qingdao , Joanna ? ----- ____________ .
A. Oh, wonderful indeed B. I went there alone
C. First by train and then by ship D. A guide showed me the way
19.Mrs Green was disappointed to see the washing machine she had had ______ went wrong again.
A. repaired B. to repaired C. repairing D. it to be repaired
20. ---- Is this the recorder you wish to _______ ? ----- Yes, it is .
A. repair it B. have repaired C. have it repaired D. be repaired
21. ----- Wonderful ! Your monitor is a wise person .
---- But in opinion , he is _____ than wise .
A. cleverer B. braver C. more brave D. less brave
22. I’ve rushed off my feet all day . I’m trying to get out of the endless business , ____ I find it impossible.
A. while B. but C. which D. that
23. --- If the manager is free and _____ us, please tell him that we _______ .
A. will receive ; waited B. will receive ; have arrived
C. receives; have waited D. receives; arrived
24. Books are the most important records we ______ man’s thought, ideas and feelings .
A. keep up B. keep of C. keep down D. keep on
25. His coming adds to the difficulty we ____ the problem
A. have to solve B. have solve C. have solved D. have solving
26. As with ____ businessmen , most teachers have ____ very busy life nowadays .
A. the ; 不填 B. the ; a C . 不填；不填 D. 不填； a
27. After receiving the news , immediate _______ had been taken by the local government to stop the disease spreading .
A. speed B. behavior C. action D. measure
28. She is so ____ towards others that everyone gets on well with her.
A. considerate B. considering C. considerable D. loyal
29. I ____ in London for many years , but I’ve never regretted my final decision to move back to China.
A. lived B. was living C. have lived D. had lived
30. It is quite apparent that the aging population in China will cause _____ heavy pressure on ____ whole society in the future .
A. a, / B. / ;/ C. a ; the D. / ; the
31. ---- If you like I can do some shopping for you . ---- That’s a very kind _____ .
A. offer B. service C. point D. suggestion
32.This washing machine is environmentally friendly because it uses _____ water and electricity than _____ models .
A. less ; older B. less ; elder C. fewer ; older D. fewer ; elder
33. ______ Mr. Brown is waiting outside to see you . He appears to be quite ____ important person.
A. / ; an B. A ; an C. The ; the D. The ; /
34. I ________ to go for a walk , but someone called and I couldn't get away .
A. was planning B. planned C. had planned D. would plan
35. This will not only keep the study habit ____ but also keep you up to date on your class assignments .
A. alive B. living C. vivid D. lively
36. ---- Will Thursday or Friday ____ you ? ---- Either will _____ .
A. fit ; be B. fit ; OK C. suit ; all right D. suit ; do
37.This is Mr. White , ____ I think has something interesting to tell you .
A. which B. whom C. that D. who
38. If the balance of nature is ____ , a series of problems will arise .
A. disturbed B. troubled C. interrupted D. confused
39. When the winter _____ , all the construction works in northern China have to be stopped .
A. sets off B. sets out C. sets aside D. sets in
40. Studies show that MP3 people have made much use of _____ music may be causing hearing loss.
A. enjoy B. to enjoy C. enjoying D. enjoyed
41. As time went by , the theory he had stuck ______ correct .
A . to prove B. to proving C. to proved D. to be proved
42. The young girl became so emotionally ____ with that guy ; he was anything but brilliant .
A. involved B. interested C. addicted D. attracted
43. Spend your time just on the things you find _____ .
A. to be worth doing B. worth being done C. being worth being done D. them woth doing
44. The treatment will continue until the patient reaches the point _____ he can walk steadily .
A. when B. where C. which D. why
45. There are two rooms on the first floor, _____ is used as a guest room .
A. a smaller of which B. a smaller of them
C. of which the smaller D. the smaller of them
46. _____ every word of his were true , what action would the teacher take ?
A. As if B. While C. Suppose D. When
47. --- You look so upset , Jane . _____ ?
---- I have been told my father has got skin cancer .
A. What’s for B. What’s up C. So what D. How’s up
48. ---- Do you want to go out tonight ? ---- _______ ; it’s up to you .
A. Yes, I want to B. That’s all right C. I’m easy D. You decide it
49.--- Since you can’t find a better job , why don’t you stick to the present one ?
---- Well , __________ .
A. I believe not B. I don’t care C. never mind D. I might as well
50 . The English majors , most of ____ girls, seldom win in sports competitions .
A .those B. whom C. them D. who
51. It ______ Sunday , the Smiths will go to the seaside and enjoy themselves again .
A. is B. being C. had been D. having been
52. _____ a cure for the disease , very few advances have been made in the last few years ..
A. Considering B. Regarding C. Supposing D. Providing
53. He proposed that we _______ a meeting , which suggested he ________ in our plan .
A. held; was interested B. hold; was interested
C. should hold ; be interested D. should hold ; interested
54. ----- Have you watched the football match last night ?
----- Yes. It was exciting . It was a really _____ one.
A. closely B. close C. closing D. closed
55. What ______ public is concerned about is whether medical workers and scientists will be able to find _____ cure for this new disease in a short time .
A. 不填；a B. 不填；the C. the ; 不填 D. the ; a
56. Because I’ll be very busy this weekend , I’m afraid I had to ____ to take part in the party
A. refuse B. decline C. deny D. reject
57. Early to bed and early to rise _____ a man healthy , wealthy and wise .
A. make B. makes C. have made D. will make
58. One and ___ hours ____ all I can spare for you tomorrow .
A. half ; are B. a half ; are C. half ; is D. a half ; is
59. Nothing is serious with my throat , _____ ?
A. is there B. isn’t there C. is it D. isn’t it
60. --- You may refuse my invitation , but you must explain why .
--- Oh, I must , _____ ?
A. did I B. didn’t I C. must I D. mustn’t I
61. I picked up a paper at random , _____ through the headlines and put it where it had been .
A. looking B. looked C. to look D. and looked
62. Going to America for further study is a good chance , ____ I have been looking forward to .
A. it B. that C. one D. the one
63. ---- Do you like ____ when all the friends chat together ?
---- Oh, yes . We usually spend our weekend that way .
A. this B. us C. that D. it
64. It was _____ several years ____ I had an opportunity of seeing the bird again .
A. for; before B. not for ; that C. for ; when D. not for ; then
65．I want to learn about your holidays . Could you tell me how you usually ____ Thanksgiving Day in your country ?
A. congratulate B. remind C. pass D. observe
66.________ to the cold for a long time will do harm to your face.
A. Exposed B. Being exposed C. Exposing D. Having exposed
67. This is the way he thought of _____ money for our programme .
A. collecting B. to collect C. collected D. collects
68. They spent ____ of their holidays buying presents to take home .
A. the two remained days B. the two remaining days
C. the remained two days D. the two days leaving
69. David Beckham’s career ____ almost immediately when he was on the Manchester United’s youth team in 1992.
A. took up B. got off C. showed off D. took off
70. I feel ____ that he is perfectly _____ of taking care of himself .
A. strong ; capable B. strongly ; capable C. strong ; able D. strongly ; able
1-5 CDDBD 6-10 CCBCB 11-15 ABBAD 16-20 BCAAB 21-25 CBBBD
26-30 DCAAC 31-35 AABAA 36-40 DDADB 41-45 CAABC 46-50 CBCDC
51-55 BBBBD 56-60BBDCC 61-65 BCDBD 66-70BBBDB